Reliable Property Services From Our Team of Experts
For Tenants: Looking for a Property to Rent
Backed by more than 60 years of experience, you can trust David Blount to compete with larger agents in the area while still offering a personal service. Based in Mansfield & Ashfield we excel in providing proficient property and landlord services and also live within the local area to give you useful advice and guidance.
NIL DEPOSIT SCHEME
Moving home is an expensive time; pulling together money for a deposit, first month’s rent and other associated moving costs can be a real struggle, especially if your previous deposit hasn’t been returned. The Nil Deposit Scheme removes some of this struggle providing you with a more affordable alternative to the traditional deposit system we are pleased to offer this service (subject to meeting the criteria). Instead of paying a full deposit, you pay a non-refundable nil deposit service charge; significantly less than a traditional deposit, this can be as low as the equivalent of just 1 weeks rent plus VAT. Throughout your tenancy you will need to have tenant’s liability insurance in place this will protect you and the landlord against accidental damage to the landlord’s fixtures, fittings and furniture.
To View a Property
Convenient appointments are available for you to view the property of your choice. Viewing a property is available during office hours from 9:00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. We are closed Saturdays and Sundays. If the property is currently occupied, arrangements will be made with the occupier and our adviser will call you back with a day and time you can visit.
When you meet our lettings coordinator, details of the tenancy will be discussed with you. This then gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have with regards to letting a property from David Blount.
To Apply for a Property
When you wish to apply for the tenancy of a David Blount property, please follow the guidelines below. Firstly, advise us of your intention to apply by completing the 'Intention to Apply for Tenancy' form, which will be given to you when you view the property by our coordinator and return it to us, in person, at 44 Station Street, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 7AS along with two forms of identification, proof of name and proof of address. Alternatively, you can fill out the form online here.
Once this has been received and reviewed, we contact you with directions to complete online applications, or we can send you the appropriate application forms. The property will be reserved for 48 hours to enable you to complete the application.
Upon submission of your application a refundable holding deposit equivalent to one weeks rent is payable to secure your application for this property. Should your application be successful this holding deposit will be transferred to form part of your tenancy deposit or be used as part payment of your rent. A decision on acceptance or otherwise will be made within 15 days unless the parties agree to extend this time frame. If the applicant withdraws and does not proceed, fails the Right to Rent checks, has provided false or misleading information, or if we, or our referencing agents, after having taken all reasonable steps to obtain the information needed but the prospective tenant fails to provide that information within the 15 day deadline, then there is no requirement for the refund of the holding deposit.
Payment may be made by bank transfer, credit or debit card. Bank account details will be provided on request.
If your application is accepted in principle, we shall ask our referencing partners, Let Alliance, to process your application. Once successfully processed, we shall contact you to arrange a suitable date for the sign-up. The first month’s rent and deposit will need to be paid and in clear funds before this date.
If your application is rejected, we may not be able to give you a reason as this would contravene data protection regulations.
Housing Act 2004
To ensure compliance with our landlords’ requirements, no more than 2 unrelated sharers will be considered for any tenancy.
The landlord grants the tenancy to you upon the condition that you hold insurance at the point of sign-up to protect up to £2500 against accidental damage caused by you to the landlord’s contents. These may include any:
- Fittings (including Carpets and Floor Coverings
You do not have to insure your own belongings, although this is recommended. Please bring with you proof of this insurance cover to the sign-up, otherwise we may not be able to proceed with the sign-up process.
YOUR GUARANTOR MUST BE A HOME OWNER AND IN FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT.
For Landlords: Help When You're Letting
As experienced and knowledgeable property professionals based in Kirkby-in-Ashfield, our residential lettings team handle hundreds of lettings not only in Mansfield and Sutton in Ashfield, but further afield throughout Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. Our personal service gives you peace of mind that your investment is in the best possible hands.
By utilising the latest computer technology and effective local advertising and marketing methods, we provide a comprehensive service. We offer advice on market rent, tenant appeal, and presentation of the property alongside a wealth of knowledge to ensure you a stress-free let.
As members of ARLA Propertymark, we offer client money protection and full details of the accounting rules we adhere to can be found by clicking here.
Our Service to You
Please read the details of our fees below.
Additional Non-Optional Fees and Charges (Irrespective of Level of Service)
Set-Up Fee: (Landlord’s Share) £210 (including VAT)
- Agree the Market Rent and Find a Tenant in Accordance with the Landlord Guidelines
- Advise on Refurbishment
- Provide Guidance on Compliance with Statutory Provisions and Letting Consents
- Carry out Accompanied Viewings (as Appropriate)
- Market the Property and Advertise on Relevant Portals
- Erect Board Outside Property in Accordance with Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Advise on Non-Resident Tax Status and HMRC (if Relevant)
Deposit Registration Fee (included in the Above)
- Register Landlord and Tenant Details and Protect the Security Deposit with a Government-Authorised Scheme
- Provide the Tenant(S) with the Deposit Certificate and Prescribed Information which will be attached to the Tenancy Agreement
Check-out Fee (Landlord’s Share) (included in the Above)
- Agree with Tenant Check-out Date and Time Appointment
- Negotiate with Landlord and Tenant Any Disbursement of the Security Deposit
- Return Deposit as Agreed with Landlord and Tenant to Relevant Parties
- Remit Any Disputed Amount to Scheme for Final Adjudication
- Unprotect Security Deposit
- Instruct Contractors, Obtain Quotes, Organise Repairs/Replacement/Cost of Any Broken or Missing Items
- Inventory Fee (Landlord’s Share) Included in the Above (Carry out Inventory with Relevant Photographs)
- Legionnaires Risk Assessment: £60 (including VAT)
- Energy Performance Certificate: £120 (including VAT)
- If you have any questions on our fees, please ask a member of staff.
For a small monthly fee this will cover
- Rent arrears payable until vacant possession
- Legal expenses in order to obtain vacant possession
An EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) is required for all properties for sale or for rent. The certificate is commissioned from an accredited energy assessor.
Who Will Carry out My EPC Inspection?
At David Blount, we have our own qualified energy assessors who visit the property to collect the relevant data and then prepare your EPC.
What is the Assessor Looking for?
The data required includes:
- Heating and Insulation
- Any Other Characteristics that Impact on the Thermal Efficiency of the Building
Is There a Separate Cost?
To produce the EPC, the cost is just £120 including VAT.
What Do I Do Next?
When you are ready to offer your property for sale or rent, just contact your local David Blount office to arrange for one of our experienced valuers to call and see you. This is a free service and there is no obligation to proceed further if you change your mind.
Our valuers not only undertake a full marketing appraisal of your property, but also suggest a marketing strategy and explain the energy performance inspection in detail and its procedure. All our valuers have been present during energy assessment inspections so have first-hand knowledge of what the inspection involves.
Our insurance partners, in respect of both landlords’ and tenants’ insurance requirements, is with Let Alliance to whom we are introducers.
For Tenants: Contents Insurance
David Blount is delighted to inform you of a bespoke tenants’ contents policy provided by Let Alliance™. This policy has been designed specifically for use by tenants and provides you with comprehensive cover with no excess payments!
Here are just some of the things the policy will cover you for:
- 6 and 12-Month Policies Available with No Administration Fees
- Nil Excess Option Available
- Cover Available for Any Sum Insured between £1 and £50,000
- Alternative Accommodation Included
- Replacement of Keys and Locks Included
- Money and Credit Card Cover
- Public Liability up to £2Million
- Accidental Damage Option Available
- Option to Cover High-Risk Items (up to £7,500 per Article)
- Pedal Cycle Extension Available
For Landlords: Buildings and Contents Insurance
Delight in a bespoke range of insurance services tailored specifically for landlords via Let Alliance. Their comprehensive policy is available now, so make sure you click on the Let Alliance logo to apply within minutes. There aren’t any paper application forms and you will receive confirmation of your new insurance policy directly from Let Alliance.
The Let Alliance policy comes with some fantastic cover, benefits and options, including nil excess and malicious damage cover as well as 90 days of unoccupied house cover. Take a look at the list of major benefits:
- Up to £2 Million Sum Insured Available
- Accidental Damage included as Standard for Buildings - No Additional Charge!
- Up to 90 Days’ Unoccupied House Cover
- Legal Liability Cover up to £5 Million
- Trace and Access up to £5,000
- Malicious Damage by Tenant Extension Available
- Comprehensive Contents Cover up to £50,000 Sum Insured
- Replacement Locks
- Variable Excess Discounts Available
- Pay Monthly Policies
- Underwritten by AGEAS (formerly Fortis)
Not only this, but Let Alliance also provides a buildings-only cover option as well as emergency assistance with no excess. When you would like to receive a free quote, or to apply now, just click on the Let Alliance logo – it’s as easy as that!
If you have any further questions regarding this, or any other area of our proposition, please get in touch.
David Blount can also give you a helping hand when you’re looking for holidays abroad.